Only Love is RealPosted By : Tina Heathers on November 15, 2016
A Course in Miracles is based upon this theme, ‘Only Love is Real’. It is a different concept than we are used to considering. We are all comfortable with how important Love is and we understand that the quality of our life is usually better when we give and receive Love. But this…’Only Love is Real’ is quite weird. It implies that everything else we experience is an illusion of the mind. It suggests that the general scuttlebutt of living and working and doing life is a sleepy nonsense that we partake in to amuse ourselves. The Course in Miracles implies that only love and loving experiences are real, lasting and meaningful. Could it be that love and love alone is worth our effort? Are we deluding ourselves endlessly with meaningless games and pursuits spurred on by a silly mind that can not see truth where it lives?
In the end of days when we sit through our final life review, is it only love that we count? Is love the only measure by which we are judged, or rather by which we judge ourselves? I wonder if we knew the final marking scheme would we make different choices?
True or not, it seems a fine philosophy to live by. I cant imagine that if you made this your life long motto that you would have any kind of diminished quality of life. I rather like it myself!
So let us try. ‘Only Love is Real’, so let’s stop wasting our time with illusions and trivial games of posturing, meanness, jealously and all that other demeaning stuff. Let us see what the quality of our lives will look like as we seek to understand the statement, ‘Only Love is Real.
- “Tina has a vast knowledge of Universal Wisdom and is able to share it in ways that are non-threatening yet engaging, gentle yet firm, 'out-there' yet grounded. One of the greatest paths to Universal Wisdom is the path of meditation. Charting this path creatively, Tina has the ability to lead me into the fields of my imagination where lavish gifts are bestowed upon my soul. " Susan Mcleod, Guelph ON
- Tina's meditation classes have helped me learn to reliably reduce stress. Her low-anxiety approach can give surprising insights that identify and help me remove those self-imposed roadblocks to better living." Doug Hocking, Exeter Ontario
- Thank you for your amazing insight. You have a wonderful energy!Jill, Brantford, Ontario
- "Tina's style of guided meditation is unpretentious and accessible to anyone. I've been much more capable of slowing down and living in the moment since joining Tina's classes." Tricia B., Elmira Ontario
- “I have attended guided meditations, workshops and private sessions with Tina. I have used Tina’s meditations (both in class and on her cd’s) to relax and also to search for answers I have from within. She is an extremely intuitive teacher and guide. Tina’s insights have challenged me to examine myself and my relationships with others. Working with Tina has enabled me to broaden my view of my place in the universe and approach each day with a more positive attitude.” Liz Fryer, Waterloo ON